Directions to Skern Lodge, Appledore, North Devon
Many large groups come by private coach. We use a reliable local firm whose prices have always been competitive. Contact us to obtain a quote for your coach journey.
Part 1 - All vehicles heading South West:
- M5 South towards Exeter. Exit Junction 27. This is around 1 hour from Skern Lodge.
- Follow signs to North Devon, A361 Barnstaple, A39 Bideford, cross Torridge Bridge.
- Turn right at the A39 / A368 roundabout, towards Appledore, Northam, Westward Ho!
- After the A39 / A386 roundabout near Bideford, pass the Durrant House Hotel.
- Continue to the top of the hill, ignoring the right turn to Appledore via Churchill Way.
- Turn right, signed "Town Centre" and "Northam Burrows", into Fore Street.
- Continue down through Northam Square.
- Turn right, signed "Northam Burrows" down Sandymere Road.
- Turn right at sign "Appledore 1 1/2", just before the Junior Football Club.
- Appledore Road becomes Long Lane, continue straight on, slow with passing places.
- After Watertown Garage on your left, Skern Lodge is clearly marked on your right.
- Please reverse in the drive slowly, as there often isn't space to turn inside.
- After the A39 / A386 roundabout near Bideford, pass The Durrant House Hotel.
- Turn right towards Appledore, on Churchill Way.
- Continue through Appledore village, along the quay, and leave the village behind.
- 400m after the last house, Skern Lodge is clearly marked on the left.