For at least 30 of our 40 years Skern Lodge has been providing courses for colleges from across the UK. Students have attended from a range of courses including engineering to Public Services. Each time we have worked in partnership to design a programme that meets the students and college needs.
Courses can be arranged over various lengths - anything from a day visit up to a 7 day programme.
Our college programmes are tailored to meet your needs, not just with the wide range of activities and providing a whole lot of fun, but in meeting your students academic requirements.
Our tutors work with their own group throughout their stay
to provide a path of development through the use of various theories and
models, activities and energisers and guidance through a learning log (if
required) to record their progress.
Water based activities
- River Kayaking
- Raft Building
- Bridge/Quay Jumping
Land based activities
- Abseiling - on the tower or natural rock
- Climbing - on the tower or natural rock
- Coastal Traversing
- High Ropes
- Crate Stacking
- Off Road Biking
- Navigation Activities – Orienteering, Walking, Overnight Expeditions, Search & Rescue Exercises
- Assault Course
- Problem Solving Exercises
Talks and visits and workshops available:
- Managing risk in the outdoors
- Climbing theory
- Kayaking theory
- Route planning
- Visit to Lifeboat Station
- Visit from Coastguard
- Managing and leading in an outdoor setting
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Belbin profiles
- Leadership theory and practice
- Developing communication skills
BTEC Practical individual sport residential coaching programme
- A week of coaching in paddlesports and climbing.
- Evidence collected to meet BTEC specification.
- Skills, techniques and tactics explored
- Students work alongside our coaches to understand the analysis of self and others.
- NGB certification.
Click here for a useful checklist to organising your residential trip